Could you perfect your smile with a Dental Implant?July 8th, 2015
Have you lost a single tooth? Have you got a larger gap in your teeth? Or are those ill-fitting dentures driving you crazy? If so, Ock Street may be able to help rejuvenate your smile with our expert dental implant team. And with our special discounted rate of just £25 for your initial consultation, there’s something else to get you beaming again. Please quote code ‘FB25’ when you book to get this rate.
Dental implants are an ideal treatment for those who have lost a tooth or teeth. Implants are false teeth (such as dentures, crowns or bridges) that are held in place by a small titanium rod that has been inserted through your jawbone.
So why choose a dental implant?
- Implants look very natural in comparison to normal dentures: it’s very difficult to tell apart a denture from a natural tooth
- They are secure and much more comfortable than a traditional removable denture would be
- Single teeth can be replaced without there being an impact on the surrounding area
- Implants last for a number of years (provided you look after them correctly)
- With a little advice from your dentist, you should be able to eat a broad range of foods
- Your oral hygiene routine will be fairly similar to that with natural teeth, and we’ll give you tips and advice on brush type and flossing in order to keep your new teeth in tip top condition
If you’re considering dental implants, your first step will be to have an initial consultation with one of our implant team. They will carry out an assessment to ensure that implants are suitable for your specific case, and draw a plan for you. From there you will have follow up appointments where titanium rod(s) are inserted into your jaw bone. This is usually done under local anaesthetic. Although this may sound uncomfortable, it is really quite a gentle surgical procedure, and most patients who can manage a normal tooth extraction are absolutely fine with this step. Over the next 10-12 weeks the bone grows around the implant and fuses to the rod. You are then ready for the false tooth to be attached to the base. Say hello to your beautifully restored smile.
At Ock Street we are very lucky to have expert implant dentist Dr Andrew Hall heading up our implant team. Andrew has years of experience and uses the latest computer aided technology to ensure first class results. Having been providing implants since 1993, Andrew has now placed over 4000 implants. Under Andrew’s watchful eye we’re sure you’ll be delighted with the outcome.
So what are you waiting for? From 20th July we’ll be offering a specially discounted rate of just £25 for your initial dental implant consultation. Even if you’re not sure if implants are really for you, why not come on down and let us take a look: you might be surprised with what we can offer. Don’t delay, call us on 01235 533777 to book your consultation. Further details can be found here.